Fire destroys garage, two vehicles in Noblesville

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

NOBLESVILLE, Ind.– Crews with the Noblesville Fire Department responded to a house fire Wednesday afternoon that destroyed a garage and two vehicles.

The blaze broke out in a home located in the 200 block of Ashfort Court, the North Harbour Addition, at approximately 12:11 p.m. When firefighters arrived to the scene, they stated smoke and flames were seen coming from the garage and the two vehicles parked in the driveway.

Officials said the homeowners, Michael and Michele Spaulding, escaped from the house after noticing the fire in their garage.

Crews were able to contain the fire in about an hour. Damage is estimated at $250,000. No injuries were reported.

Fire officials said the fire originated in the area of a work bench located in the garage. There were ash trash, power strip and numerous electrical appliances in the area.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.