Temperatures will be hot again today, above the 90 degree mark. But the humidity continues to make it feel much hotter outside and you need to be careful. The National Weather Service has issued a HEAT ADVISORY for the eastern edge of the state and into Ohio. This advisory is in effect from noon until 8 PM tonight and includes the following Indiana counties:
Dearborn, Fayette, Franklin, Ohio, Ripley, Switzerland, Union, Wayne
Feels like temperatures will continue to press into the upper 90s and low 100s today. Here’s a look at what Fox Futurecast predicts for the afternoon heat indices.
The National Weather Service also reminds you to “Beat the heat, check the backseat” and keep your kids safe! Here are some great tips from the National Weather Service.:
- Make sure your child’s safety seat and safety belt buckles aren’t too hot before securing your child in a safety restraint system, especially when your car has been parked in the heat.
- Never leave your child unattended in a vehicle, even with the windows down.
- Teach children not to play in, on, or around cars.
- Always lock car doors and trunks–even at home–and keep keys out of children’s reach.
- Always make sure all children have left the car when you reach your destination. Don’t leave sleeping infants in the car ever
For more information on heat safety, head here: http://www.nws.noaa.gov/os/heat/index.shtml#safety