New ‘Foodie Friday’ promotion added to long list of money-saving programs
INDIANAPOLIS – The Indiana State Fair has added another special discount to a long list of established promotional deals in an effort to help Hoosier families enjoy the fair while stretching their entertainment dollar. The new discount is called “Foodie Friday” and calls for all State Fair food vendors to offer at least one item at half off its regular price on Friday, Aug. 16.
The new deal brings the total number of the fair’s special pricing programs to 15. It also allows visitors yet another day to feast on their favorite fair foods for less than the going rate.
“We’ve got a tremendous event that offers incredible value with all the exhibits and entertainment that are on display each day of the fair, and we know that these kinds of discounts are important to people when deciding what to do with their families,” Indiana State Fair Executive Director Cindy Hoye said. “Our admission prices have remained steady while we continue to add special discounts.”
The fair’s most popular deal continues to be the Turkey Hill Dairy $2 Tuesday promotion where visitors with a voucher printed from http://www.turkeyhillcom/indianastatefair are admitted for just $2 on both Tuesdays of the fair while many concessionaires and the midway also offer $2 deals. Here is a complete list of the special values at this year’s fair:
• Midway Deals – North American Midway Entertainment offers special vouchers for midway wristbands at all Indiana Walmarts for just $20 through Aug. 18. That’s a $5 savings for each wristband purchased! A listing of the midway’s wristband special days can be found here.
• Free admission ticket in the Indianapolis Star – On Monday, Aug. 5, the Indianapolis Star will print a ticket good for free admission to the fair on Wednesday, Aug. 7.
• Meijer Day – Meijer customers get 50 percent off one fair admission (a $5 value) on Aug. 5 when they buy one pair of Falls Creek jeans July 24 – Aug. 5 (Catalina coupon print from Meijer required at fair entrance gate).
• Turkey Hill Dairy $2 Tuesday – On Tuesday, Aug. 6 and Tuesday, Aug. 13, visitors with a voucher printed from http://www.turkeyhill.com/indianastatefair are admitted for just $2 compliments of Turkey Hill Dairy.
• $2 Taste of the State Fair – Also on both Tuesdays of the fair, Aug. 6 and 13, concessionaires all over the fairgrounds will have $2 servings all day long!
• Free admission for Indiana state employees – All state employees are admitted for free on Thursday, Aug. 8, with the presentation of an employee ID card.
• Pop Weaver Discount Day – Visitors with a Pop Weaver box top receive $5 off gate admission on Thursday, Aug. 8. One box top per person.
• Free admission for Military personnel and families – The State Fair is honoring our current and former members of the Armed Forces by offering free admission for them and family members on Thursday, Aug. 8, with the presentation of a military ID.
• Free lottery ticket – On Hoosier Lottery Day, Saturday, Aug. 10, all guests over the age of 18 can redeem their fair admission ticket stub for a free lottery ticket from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Lotto Town at the Hoosier Lottery Grandstand.
• IPL Carload Day – Large families and groups of friends can save big on Monday, Aug. 12. Admission is just $15 per vehicle for up to 10 people with a voucher printed from http://www.IPLpower.com.
• BMV Discount Day – Fairgoers can save $5 off of the $10 gate admission on Wednesday, Aug. 15 by redeeming the voucher available online at http://www.mybmv.com.
• AAA Day – Hoosier AAA members receive free admission on Friday, Aug. 16 when they show their valid 2013 AAA membership card at the gate.
• Foodie Friday – On Friday, Aug. 16, all concessionaires will offer an item at half off its regular price.
• $2 discount on Pepsi Next Day with Pepsi brand can – All visitors who bring any Pepsi brand can on the fair’s final day Sunday, Aug. 18, will receive $2 off the gate admission.
In addition to those great deals, here are several more tips for budget minded fairgoers:
• Buy admission tickets in advance for just $7 ($3 less than gate admission) online at http://www.indianastatefair.com through Aug. 1 or at any Indiana Walmart store, CVS/pharmacy stores, Indiana Farm Bureau offices, The Marten House Hotel or the State Fairgrounds Ticket Office while supplies last.
• Take advantage of the free Indiana State Fair shuttle by parking at Glendale Mall’s Rural Street lot. The shuttle runs every 20 minutes from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. each day of the fair.
• Save $1 off fair admission when biking to the State Fair and using one of the secured bike racks available on the Monon Trail at 38th Street from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Seniors (age 55 and older) can ride the tractor shuttles around the fairgrounds for just $3 a day with a wristband purchased from the State Fair Information Booths presented by Prairie Farms located in Pioneer Village and on State Fair Blvd. Seniors ride free on Golden Hoosiers’ Day, Aug. 6.
Regular gate admission price for the fair is still $10 with kids 5 and younger admitted free. The fair runs Aug. 2 – 18.