Sautéed spinach with garbanzo beans
and manchego cheese
Serving size: 1
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
1 oz. vegetable oil
1 oz. slivered garlic
5 oz. cooked garbanzo beans
4 oz. white wine (chiblis)
2 oz. fresh diced tomatoes
One large handful of fresh spinach ( more if desired )
salt and pepper
- Pre-heat pan. Add vegetable oil. Sear slivered garlic and garbanzo beans.
- Once caramelized, deglaze with white wine.
- Simmer and reduce wine to concentrate flavors. Add fresh tomatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add fresh spinach and wilt. Salt and pepper again to taste (spinach not very flavorful, must compensate).
- Toss and serve. Garnish with the manchego cheese (manchego is a salty cheese, take into consideration).