Marijuana growing operations causes Noblesville house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

NOBLESVILLE, Ind. – A heating element and exhaust unit that was used for growing marijuana caused a Noblesville house fire Thursday night.

At approximately 9:50 pm, the Noblesville Fire Department was dispatched to a possible kitchen fire located at 3211 Westfield Road in Noblesville.

The home owner, Bruce Cornelius stated he was on the couch when heard something in the attic space.

At approximately 9:56 pm, fire suppression crews arrived to discover smoke coming from the roof.

It took approximately 25 minutes before the fire was extinguished.

It was discovered that the fire originated in area of a heating element and exhaust unit that was used for marijuana growing operations.

The Hamilton County Sheriff’s Department removed approximately 30 plants from the home.

The fire caused approximately $139,000.00 dollars damage to the structure and its contents.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.