The Indianapolis Fire Department says children playing with a lighter caused their family’s home to catch fire.
The fire on West Morris Street broke out a little after 10:30 a.m.
The children, ranging in age from 4 to 8 years old, told firefighters they accidentally set a mattress on fire while playing with a lighter they found in a home. They notified their mother, who was in a different part of the home, and everyone evacuated.
Nobody was hurt in the fire. Damage is estimated to be around $15,000.