9/11 Anniversary Observance
- WHEN: 8:30 a.m.
- WHERE: Indianapolis International Airport Civic Plaza, 7800 Col. H. Weir Cook Memorial Drive
- WHAT: The IAA will be publicly displaying a section of World Trade Center steel recovered from Ground Zero. The artifact was presented to the Indianapolis International Airport (IND) fire department by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to honor local public safety responders, including airport employees, who deployed to the attack sites.
- WHO: Airport fire/police/TSA honor guard, IAA executives, IAA Fire Chief Rick Gentry, IAA Police Chief Bill Reardon, a trio of firefighters singing the National Anthem, and IND emergency responders who deployed to Ground Zero to assist in recovery operations.
Project 9/11 Memorial Ride
- WHEN: Registration starts at 10:30 a.m.
- WHERE: Harley Davidson of Indy on 4146 E. 96th Street
- WHAT: A group of motorcyclists will be leading a ride from Harley Davison of Indy to the 9/11 Memorial for a ceremony.
- WEBSITE: http://bit.ly/18OszD4
September 11 Remembrance Prayer Service
- WHEN: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- WHERE: Center for Interfaith Cooperation, 1100 West 42nd Street, Suite 125
- WHAT: The Indiana Interchurch Center will be hosting a 9/11 Remembrance prayer service and short program with light lunch on “How far have we come since the March on Washington- Where are we going?”
- WEBSITE: http://bit.ly/Zbz1hJ
Project 9/11 Memorial Program
- WHEN: 1:30 p.m.
- WHERE: 9/11 Memorial located at 421 W. Ohio St.
- WHAT: The public is invited to join Project 9/11 for a day of remembrance events at the 9/11 Memorial in downtown Indianapolis. There will be a keynote speaker, a wreath laying ceremony, and a patriotic concert. A donation luncheon will also be provided from 11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. by Malone’s Catering. All proceeds benefit Project 9/11 and the maintenance of the 9/11 Memorial.
- WHO: Mayor of Indianapolis, Greg Ballard and Mr. Don Bacso of Dyer, Indiana. Bacso was working in the World Trade Center’s North Tower when the first plane struck on September 11, 2001.
- WEBSITE: http://bit.ly/1e0JpEJ
Wayne Township Students host 9/11 Memorial
- WHEN: 3:00 p.m.
- WHERE: Chapel Glen Elementary, 701 Lansdowne Rd. Indianapolis, IN 46234
- WHAT: Chapel Glen Elementary in the MSD of Wayne Township is ensuring its students understand the sacrifices of September 11, 2001. Those students will mark the anniversary of the terrorist attacks on the U.S. this Wednesday, September 11, by singing patriotic songs and holding a silent dismissal in honor of local first responders.
- WEBSITE: http://bit.ly/15V55cr
“America Remembers” Memorial Event hosted by the Rathskeller
- WHEN: 4:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- WHERE: The Rathskeller Biergarten, 401 E. Michigan St.
- WHAT: The Rathskeller will be hosting their annual “America Remembers” memorial event once again this year. There will be 7 live bands, a live and silent auction, a balloon release, and a candlelight vigil. There is a suggested donation of $5 to benefit the Hoosier Burn Camp and the Indianapolis Metropolitan Firefighters Bereavement Fund.
- WEBSITE: http://on.fb.me/14Kqrd7
9/11 Memorial and Post meeting with University Veterans Legion Post 360
- WHEN: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- WHERE: IUPUI Campus Center CE 148 (PNC Meeting Room), 420 University Boulevard
- WHAT: The University Veterans Legion Post 360 will be hosting a brief memorial to honor the victims of the 9/11 attacks.
- WEBSITE: http://bit.ly/17Y4bg7