INDIANAPOLIS – Colts fans can expect to see pink on the field for the month of October.
The team will add a touch of pink to their traditional blue and white colors as part of the NFL’s “A Crucial Catch” campaign to celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The league is running the campaign in partnership with the American Cancer Society.
The month will kick off with the “Pinking of the Canal” event on Oct. 4. The Colts will also dedicate Sunday’s game against the Seahawks to Breast Cancer Awareness, donning pink accessories like cleats, wristbands and gloves.
Other gameday activities include:
- Large Pink Ribbon held by 75 Breast Cancer Survivors during the national anthem
- Run-out tunnel formed by 50 Colts Season Ticket Holders who are currently battling or have survived breast cancer
- Special edition flag carried by Blue and signed by, or in memory of, breast cancer survivors
- Honorary Coin Toss Captain and 12th Man Fan of the Game from the IU Simon Cancer Center
- National Anthem sung by a Breast Cancer Survivor
- Special Edition “Pink” Cover for the Scout Gameday Program
- Colts Cheerleaders and Blue in Pink Attire
- Pink Ribbon Passout, provided by Zeta Tau Alpha
- Special Edition Pink Colts T-shirts for Sale by the Indianapolis Colts Women’s Organization (proceeds benefit the IU Simon Cancer Center)
- Large Inflatable Pink Ribbon in the American Family Insurance Touchdown Town, provided by Indiana University Health
The Colts will launch the “Pamper Her Pink” program, which provides a day of pampering for 10 women who are currently battling or have survived breast cancer. This is the second year of the program, and the team is accepting nominations through Oct. 8 at this website. Finalists get pampering from Tyler Mason Salon & Span and dinner with Colts players at the Indianapolis Colts Grille on Oct. 15.
The Indianapolis Colts Women’s Organization will sell special Colts t-shirts during the month of October. The shirts will cost $20, and all proceeds will go to the IU Simon Cancer Center.
For more about the Colts and Breast Cancer Awareness month, visit the Indianapolis Colts website.
For more about “A Crucial Catch,” visit the NFL’s website.