WATCH LIVE: House Judiciary Committee convenes as investigators lay out case for impeachment of President Trump

Colts beat the Seahawks on a wild Sunday afternoon

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

INDIANAPOLIS – There would be no raining on the parade of quarterbacks who represent the face of modern professional football. There’s a roof for that.

Locked inside the retractable cover of Lucas Oil Stadium is a pair of teams who surpassed expectations for their signal callers who’ve taken their game farther than they can pass. Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson have burst onto the scene with their respective teams and their versatility has made them winners.

With Luck leading the Colts and Wilson the Seahawks, there figured to be action on this October afternoon as each team fights for the right to stay among the National Football League’s elite.

Indeed the game lived up to the hype with both teams trading the leads. In the end it was the Colts who rallied late to upend the Seahawks 34-28 Sunday afternoon at Lucas Oil Stadium to improve to 4-1.

Donald Brown’s fourth quarter touchdown along with a two-point conversion from Luck to Reggie Wayne accounted for the game-winning points.

Seattle was the aggressor early on as they took advantage of slow starts from the Colts offense, defense and special teams. Russell Wilson’s ten-yard touchdown pass to Golden Tate pushed the Seahawks lead to 10-0 after two Seattle offensive possessions.

Things got worse for the Colts later when Pat McAfee had a punt blocked deep in Colts territory. The Seahawks couldn’t recover before the ball went in the endzone and had to settle for the safety and a 12-0 lead.

Luck finally got the Colts going with the deep ball later in the quarter, hitting T.Y. Hilton in stride and a few moves by the receiver resulted in a 73-yard Indianapolis touchdown to cut the Seahawks lead to 12-7. Then the Colts special teams got their own score as Delano Howell recovered a blocked Steven Hauschka field goal and returned it 61-yards for a touchdown to make it 14-12.

Wilson helped to lead Seattle back with a 12-play, 82 yard drive that was capped by a 28-yard touchdown pass to Jermaine Kearse to give the Seahawks a five-point lead. Adam Vinatieri cut into that with a 41-yrd field goal to cut the lead to 19-17.

Hauschka made two quick field goals to start the second half but the Colts once again found the endzone later in the third quarter as T.Y. Hilton dove for a 29-yard touchdown to cut the Seattle lead to 25-23 lead-which it stayed after a two-point conversion try failed.

Another Hauschka field goal pushed the lead to five but that was the end of the scoring for Seattle as the Colts tightened up against the Seahawks. Luck led the Colts on a 14-play, 84-yard drive in the fourth quarter which the Colts got the lead back on a Donald Brown touchdown run which included a two-point conversion to make it 31-28.

Vinatieri added another field goal late in the fourth quarter to push the lead to six. Seattle had one last chance to try and win the game but Darius Butler intercepted a Russell pass to finish off the Seahawks.



Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.