Silver Alert issued for 8-month-old girl missing from Indianapolis

Dog alerts owner of apartment fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (November 4, 2013) – A man has his dog to thank after an apartment fire Monday morning.


The fire happened around 1:25 a.m. in the 3000 block of Breakwater Drive in the Mariner’s Village Apartments complex.

The occupant was sleeping when his dog woke him up.

The man smelled something unusual and saw smoke coming from the wall.

When fire crews arrived, they discovered a fire inside the wall that had spread to the ceiling.

Everyone in the apartment building was evacuated.

The fire affected the occupant’s third floor apartment and the apartment below it.

Wayne Township Victims Assistance assisted 3 residents with overnight accommodations.

The occupant of the fire apartment reported an electrical issue to maintenance prior to the fire.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.