WAYNE TOWNSHIP (Dec. 3, 2013) – Two people escaped injury following a house fire in Wayne Township Tuesday morning while fire crews had plenty of challenges to handle.
Crews arrived at a home in the 1200 block of S. Norfolk to find smoke pouring from the home’s attic. Firefighters encountered multiple holes in the floor, clutter and windows that were bolted shut. The floors in the home weren’t complete and some firefighters fell chest-deep. Captain Mike Pruitt described the conditions as “obstacles.” Crews did get the fire under control.
A man and woman escaped and were not hurt. Smoke detectors were in the home but didn’t go off, fire officials said.
Fire officials said the cause was likely electrical.