INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (Jan. 13, 2014)— A 2-year-old girl who passed away last week after battling a rare form of cancer will be laid to rest Monday.
Ava Parker warmed the hearts of many after her wish to attend preschool for the first time became public. The young girl, who was diagnosed with a malignant rhabdoid tumor that grew behind her left eye, enrolled at a Decatur Township preschool for just one day.
Ava’s parents encouraged the public to line up along the procession route with balloons and banners. They also asked the public to show their support with the color yellow, which represents the color of childhood cancer and Ava’s favorite color.
Below was the route for the procession that began at 3 p.m.
Starts: Charity Tabernacle 2700 S Tibbs Ave Indianapolis, IN 46241
1. Head south on S Tibbs Ave toward W Southern Ave
2. Continue onto Maywood Rd
3. Slight right onto Kentucky Ave
4. Turn left onto Mann Rd
5. Turn right onto W Mills Rd
6. Turn left onto S Mooresville Rd
7. Sharp left onto Hayworth Rd
8. Take the 1st right onto Newton St
9. Newton St turns slightly left and becomes Milton St Destination will be on the right