Noblesville fire crews battle house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Photo courtesy Noblesville Fire Department via Twitter

NOBLESVILLE (Jan. 22, 2014) – Firefighters in Noblesville battled a house fire Wednesday morning.

The fire was reported just before 8 a.m. at 19495 Chip Shot Rd. That’s in the Prairie Crossing subdivision. A caller reported seeing smoke and flames coming from the home.

According to the Noblesville Fire Department, the fire started in the garage and firefighters had it under control in about 25 minutes.

Homeowners Garrett Kahlo and his fiancee Rebecca Shea were at home when the fire started. Shea told fire investigators that she heard a “pop” from the garage before the home’s smoke detectors went off. They exited safely with their two children, according to the Noblesville Fire Department. Firefighters also reunited them with their family cat.

Crews had to contend with extremely cold weather and icy conditions at the scene.

The fire was contained to the garage, but the home sustained some smoke and heat damage. Investigators estimate the damage at $100,000.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.