Disaster Loan Outreach Centers are opening in Howard, Fountain and Daviess counties for those in eligible counties affected by the severe storms on Nov. 17, 2013.
Counties that are eligible are Carroll, Cass, Clinton, Daviess, Dubois, Fountain, Grant, Greene, Howard, Knox, Martin, Miami, Montgomery, Parke, Pike, Tippecanoe, Tipton, Vermillion, and Warren.
Loans of up to $200,000 are available to repair or replace damaged or destroyed real estate.
Loans of up to $40,000 are available to repair or replace damaged or destroyed personal property.
Hours and locations for the Disaster Loan Outreach Centers are listed below.
Howard County Government Center
Howard County Department of Emergency Management
120 East Mulberry St. Suite 6
Kokomo, IN 46901
- Friday, Feb. 7 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 8 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 9 CLOSED
- Monday, Feb. 10 from 8 a.m to 4 p.m.
- Closing Tuesday, Feb. 11 at noon.
- Reopens Tuesday, Feb. 18 from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 19 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Closing Wednesday, Feb. 19 at close of business
Hillsboro Church of the Nazarene-Gym Building
453 South State Road 341
Hillsboro, IN 47949
- Wednesday, Feb. 12 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 13 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Closing Thursday, Feb. 13 at close of business
Washington Fire Station #2
1002 West Walnut St.
Washington, IN 47501
- Friday, Feb. 14 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 15 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 16 CLOSED
- Monday, Feb. 17 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Closing Monday, Feb. 17 at 1 p.m.
Individuals can also apply for low-interest loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration in the following ways:
- Online at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/.
- Business loan applications can also be downloaded from the SBA website at http://www.sba.gov/. Completed applications should be returned to a Disaster Loan Outreach Center or mailed to: U.S. Small Business Administration, Processing and Disbursement Center, 14925 Kingsport Road, Fort Worth, TX 76155.
- SBA’s Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955 (800-877-8339 for people with speech or hearing disabilities), Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Those suffering damage to personal or business property must return applications by April 7, 2014.
The deadline to return economic injury applications – which includes, for example, payroll, working capital and other business financial commitments – is November 5, 2014.