Shrimp & Chicken Jambalaya
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), sweet, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium green pepper(s), chopped (about 1 cup)
- 8 oz uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), cut into bite-size pieces
- 29 oz canned stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 12 oz uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning, dried
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 4 cup(s) cooked brown rice
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper; cook, stirring, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in chicken; cook, stirring, until chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients, except rice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in rice; continue cooking until liquid is almost absorbed and rice is thoroughly heated, about 2 minutes. Yields about 2 cups per serving.
Note: This recipe also tastes great if you use lean pork tenderloin strips instead of chicken. And go ahead and toss some red beans into the cooked rice.