Police make arrest in shooting death of 16-year-old boy

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (March 6, 2014)—Detectives with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department have made an arrest in connection with the death of a 16-year-old Indianapolis boy killed in late February.

Police said 17-year-old Christopher Milbrooks was preliminarily charged with murder in the shooting death of Quinton Nance. He is being tried as an adult for this crime, and both lead detectives have authorized the release of his name and photograph.

Nance was found in an alley in the 600 block of E. 23rd Street on the city’s northeast side around 4:50 p.m. Police said he was suffering from a gunshot wound, and he was pronounced dead on the scene.

The motive for the shooting is unknown at this time.

Nance’s death was one of eight murders police investigated in less than 15 hours. Earlier that morning, police responded to a murder in the 2100 block of North Kenyon Street, where 50-year-old Leroy Barker was found. Around 8 p.m. on Feb. 21, officers responded to a quadruple murder scene in the 3200 block of South Parker Avenue. Just after midnight, two others, Michael Whitfield and Lorenzo Clark, Jr. were found deceased in the 2400 block of Stuart Street.

[Read FOX 59’s coverage on the South Parker Avenue murders here]

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.