Family displaced after garage catches fire, spreads to south side home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (April 1, 2014)—An Indianapolis family is displaced Tuesday night after their garage caught fire and spread to the back of their south side home.

Asbury St fire 2Firefighters responded to the house in the 3100 block of Asbury St. after a 14-year-old boy inside the home called 911.

Approximately 30 firefighters from the Indianapolis and Beech Grove fire departments responded to the fire that quickly spread to two out buildings, two fence lines and the back of the house.

Officials said the home was rented by a 50-year-old woman, who lived there with her four children. Asbury St fire 3

No one was injured in the blaze.  Damage to the home is estimated at $80,000.