Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced (white and green parts kept separate)
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay
- 1½ pounds ground turkey
- ¼ cup Asian fish sauce
- 1½ cups diced fresh pineapple
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- Juice of 2 limes, plus wedges for serving
- Hot cooked white rice, for serving
- 1 head of Boston lettuce, leaves separated, for serving
MAKE THE FILLING: Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, ginger, scallion whites, and seafood seasoning. Cook until the vegetables start to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the turkey and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in the fish sauce and scallion greens and cook until the liquid is almost completely absorbed, about 5 minutes. Stir in the pineapple, cilantro, and lime juice. Remove from the heat.
SERVE: Spoon the filling over the hot cooked rice and serve with lime wedges and lettuce leaves to make lettuce wraps.