SHRIMP & GRITS RECIPE
Yields 4 servings
Shrimp, medium-large size 16 each
Grits 1 ½ cup
Butter 3 Tbls.
Milk 1 cup
Heavy Cream 1 cup
Salt and Pepper To taste
Roma Tomatoes, quartered 5 each
Garlic, sliced 3 each
Whole Butter 6 oz.
Lemon Juice 2 Tbls.
Cajun Spice 1 Tbls.
Black Pepper To taste
White Cheddar, shredded 4 oz.
1) In a medium saucepan, heat cream, milk and butter to a simmer and stir in the grits.
2) Lower heat and continue to cook until thick and creamy. Stir occasionally.
3) In a separate pan, toast sliced garlic in olive oil until golden brown. Add tomatoes.
4) Sauté tomatoes until they begin to break down. Add lemon juice and seasonings.
5) Add shrimp and cook until almost cooked.
6) Lower heat to low and add butter, while stirring constantly as it melts.
7) Add additional milk to the grits if they are too thick. Spoon onto plates and serve shrimp and the pan sauce over the top. Top with shredded cheese.