INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (May 22, 2014)– A judge has denied the change of venue request for a lawsuit involving the Regional Operations Center.
Marion County Judge Louis Rosenberg ruled the case must be heard in Marion County.
The city of Indianapolis requested a change of venue but the city’s request was denied Thursday. The City-County Council took the city to court over a request for documents related to the ROC lease. An investigative committee requested the documents but City-County Councilman Joe Simpson said the request remains unfulfilled.
The city’s 25-year, $18 million deal for the east side police headquarters and command center has been plagued with false starts, faulty workmanship and fire hazards. The facility was deemed unsafe last September and all employees were moved out. Public Safety Director Troy Riggs said the safety concerns have been fixed.
The controversy surround the building was front and center at the change of venue hearing earlier this week. The judge took the case under advisement for nearly three days before making the ruling.