RECALL | Baby food processor could pose choking hazard

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(May 29, 2014) – Hamilton Beach recalled a baby food processor because of a choking hazard.

The bébé brand baby food makers were manufactured by Hamilton Beach. Use of the slicing/shredding disc with the motor shaft adapter can cause the stainless steel pin in the food bowl lid to loosen and fall into processed food.

Hamilton Beach has received four reports about the problem. In three of those cases, the pin fell into processed food. There have been no reports of injuries.

The baby food processors were sold at Buy Buy Baby, and from September 2013 through February 2014.

If you own the appliance, stop using the slicing/shredding disc and contact Hamilton Beach to get a free replacement food bowl lid, motor shaft adapter and slicing/shredding disc. They can be reached at (800) 672-5872 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET, or through

The baby food processor is still safe for steaming, chopping and pureeing.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.