Yields 12 doughnut holes
For the doughnuts
- 3/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1/3 cups oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
For the topping
- 1/4 cups (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/3 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine milk, sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir only to combine.
- Distribute batter evenly between 12-cup muffin pa.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a bowl.
- Combine the white sugar with the cinnamon in another bowl.
- Take muffins out of the oven and remove from the pan while still hot. I was worried they would stick, but they just popped right out!
- Dip the muffins into the melted butter and then into the cinnamon / sugar mix.
- Let cool.
Recipe courtesy of Kylee’s Kitchen