Gingered Salmon with Watercress and Corn Salad
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar (or buy balsamic glaze and skip reduction part)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 6 ounce salmon fillets, skin taken off
- 20 pieces of pickled ginger
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 can sweet corn (or 1-2 corn cut off the cob)
In a small saucepan bring balsamic vinegar to a boil and reduce until about 2-3 tablespoons. Add in olive oil and cool.
Preheat the grill to medium high. Cut salmon into 1 inch cubes and thread onto a skewer, putting 1-2 slices of ginger between every piece of salmon. Season salmon with salt and pepper and place on a greased grill. Cook about 2-3 minutes per all sides until fish golden on the outside and just cooked through on the inside.
Mix together Dijon, balsamic (not the reduction), honey and a little olive oil. Drizzle over corn and watercress and toss. Place on plate and add salmon over the bed of watercress. Drizzle the balsamic reduction over the salmon and serve.