Red White & Blue Salad (Watermelon Feta & Blueberry)
- 5 heaping cups seeded 1-inch watermelon chunks
- 1 cup halved (lengthwise) grape tomatoes
- ½ cup quartered and thinly sliced red onion
- 1 ½ cups blueberries
- ¼ – 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 – 5 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 – ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup crumbled Feta Cheese (or more if desired!)
Combine watermelon, tomatoes, red onion, blueberries and basil in large bowl. Whisk oil, lime juice, salt and pepper together in small bowl. Pour over watermelon mixture and toss lightly. Refrigerate until serving time. Sprinkle Feta cheese over salad right before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Makes about 7 ½ cups.
Recipe by culinary dietitian Kim Galeaz, RDN, CD