Ingredients for the Biscuit
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons cold butter, cut into ½ inch slices
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Ingredients for the Cobbler
- 1 cup pecans, lightly toasted
- 10 peaches, cut into ½ inch slices
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and powder and salt.
- Using a pastry blender or 2 forks, cut in butter, until size of peas.
- Gently stir in buttermilk, just until dough comes together, do not overwork.
- Transfer to a floured space and gently pat out to a ¾ inch disk.
- Cut into biscuits and place on a lined, greased baking sheet, brushing with heavy cream and sugar.
- Bake at 450 for 15 minutes until lightly golden.
- While biscuits are cooking combine the pecans, peaches, sugars, cornstarch, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Spread into a greased baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, then remove foil and bake for 30 more minutes.
- Arrange biscuits over cobbler and bake for 5 minutes longer.
- Serve warm or room temp.