The return of ‘Full House?’ Stars reportedly developing new show
(Aug. 27, 2014) – Could the Tanner family return to TV?
Stars of the ABC sitcom “Full House” are campaigning for a new take on the show, which ran from 1987 to 1995 on ABC and still draws good ratings on Nick at Nite, Fox News reports.
John Stamos (Uncle Jesse), executive producer Bob Boyett and creator Jeff Franklin are said to be involved in conceptualizing the return of “Full House.” Other original stars including Candace Cameron (D.J. Tanner), Jodie Sweetin (Stephanie Tanner) and Andrea Barber (Kimmy Gibbler) are said to be keen on the idea while Bob Saget (Danny Tanner) and Dave Coulier (Uncle Joey) are also thought to be involved.
The “Full House” cast remains close years after the show went off the air. You may remember that Stamos, Coulier and Saget appeared together in a yogurt commercial during the Super Bowl this year.
They also appeared in-character on “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.”
Stamos, who has an ownership stake in the show, previously said that a “Full House” movie had been developed. The show was of ABC’s “TGIF” lineup. “Boy Meets World,” another show from “TGIF,” has been revived as “Girl Meets World” on the Disney Channel.
The real key appears to be the success of “Full House” reruns on Nick at Nite, which has seen a seven-percent ratings boost since adding the show to its lineup. It’s also drawing viewers in the key 18-49 demo and has a ravenous teen fan base.
Here’s the show’s season three opening: