- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, pecans, sliced almonds, sunflower seeds or any other favorite nuts/seeds
- ½ cup toasted wheat germ
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 tablespoons Spice Islands Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 teaspoons Spice Islands Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Spice Islands Ground Nutmeg
- 1 cup dried chopped apricots, tart cherries, cranberries, raisins or any other favorite dried fruit
- Combine oats, nuts and wheat germ in a large bowl.
- Combine maple syrup, corn oil, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Pour over oat mixture, stirring to coat.
- Spread mixture evenly on greased rimmed baking pan/sheet.
- Bake at 300°F for 50 to 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until oats are toasted.
- Remove from oven and stir in dried fruit.
- Cool in pan on wire rack. Store in airtight container.
Makes about 2 quarts (8 cups) or 16 servings of ½-cup each.
Recipe courtesy of Mazola.com