- 1 c all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ c unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ c packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ c prune puree (use baby food for ease)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c uncooked quick oats
- ¾ c dried cranberries, chopped
- ½ c crystallized ginger, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until fluffy and creamy; stir in egg, prune puree and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in two additions, mixing by hand in between; fold in oats, cranberries and ginger.
- Drop the dough by tablespoons onto baking sheets, making 28 cookies; set a few inches apart. Bake until lightly browned, 8-9 minutes. Cool on baking sheets.
Per serving (1 cookie): 87 cal, 2 g total fat, 1 g sat fat, 53 mg sod, 16 g total carb, 10 g sugar, 1 g fib, 1 g prot. PPV: 2