SPECIAL COVERAGE: 103rd Running of the Indianapolis 500

Two adults, toddler escape house fire in Lawrence Wednesday

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

LAWRENCE, Ind. (Feb. 11, 2015)-- The Lawrence fire department says a house fire started in a garage Wednesday night.

The fire was called in around 6:30 p.m. in the 12100 block of Stacie Circle, east of Oaklandon Road.

Two adults were inside babysitting a toddler. None of them were injured. An IFD firefighter sustained a minor injury when a ladder hit him in the forehead.

The fire is now under control, and the damage is being assessed.

One cat died in the fire.

An investigation is underway.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.