INDIANAPOLIS - An Indianapolis apartment complex is in even more trouble with the health inspectors after failing to fix several violations in a woman's home.
Two weeks ago, FOX59 went inside Kayla Webb's apartment at Crossroad at Madison Park, formerly known as Madison Park Village. She showed us the mold in the bathroom, the exposed outlets, and a large hole in the kitchen ceiling that was in the process of getting fixed.
She said she had noticed the kitchen ceiling was leaking and looked weighed down. Then part of the ceiling gave way and came crashing to the kitchen floor.
“The upstairs had water leaking and it came down,” explained Webb.
She said she didn't think the apartment would ever be safe enough for her daughter and wanted to get out of her lease.
Back then, the apartment manager, John Meade, told Fox 59 on camera he would let her out or move her into another newly remodeled unit.
Webb's father-in-law told us, that never happened.
"John told me he did not say on FOX59 news that he would get her out of her lease. And they did offer for a new apartment at $100 more a month when she can't afford this hardly," said William Stephens.
On top of that, the apartment is still not livable.
The Marion County Health Department gave the complex ten days to fix 16 violations. The complex failed to come through.
In fact, it was slapped with even more violations.
"The Board of Health told me maintenance when they tried to fix the plumbing, that they messed it up worse," said Stephens.
Now the department has given the complex 10 more days with a warning that it will face fines and court action if it does not finish repairs in time.
Webb and her family are fed up and have decided to sue the complex.
We finally got Meade on the phone, but didn't get much of an answer to why things hadn't changed. He kept hanging up on us.
"We don't have any comment with that one," said Meade over the phone. When asked why he didn't, he replied "Thank you guys. Have a great day."