Heating unit starts Shelby County barn fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SHELBY COUNTY, Ind. (February 16, 2015) – A Shelby County barn caught on fire Sunday night after ashes from a home heating unit got too close to the side of the barn.

The fire broke out around 10 p.m. at 1200 South and 300 West near Flat Rock. There were only tools in the barn, no animals.

The Flat Rock fire chief says there is about $20,000 to $30,000 worth of damage.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.