RECIPES: Champps Ahi Tuna Tacos
4 oz Ahi Tuna
1 tsp Four pepper spice
1 oz Phase
3 Tortillas, Flour 6″
3 oz Four pepper slaw
1.5 oz vol Spicy Aioli
1 tsp Cilantro, roughly chopped
1/2 tsp Sesame seeds
3 oz Pineapple Salsa
1 Lime, sliced into 6 wedges
- Heat phase in a sauté pan over high heat until slightly smoking (1-2 minutes).
- Season the tuna on both sides with four pepper spice.
- Sear the tuna in the heated pan for 20-30 seconds per side for a hard sear and a rare internal temperature.
- Warm the tortillas on a clean flattop grill for 10-15 seconds per side until they are warm and pliable. Tortillas can also be heated in the microwave for 15-20 seconds.
- Place tortillas in a taco holder or form them into a “U” shape to be filled.
- Add one ounce of slaw into each taco.
- After the tuna is seared, place it on a clean cutting surface and slice into 1/8” strips, lengthwise. This should give you a minimum of 6 slices.
- Lay the tuna strips on top of the slaw with at least two strips per taco.
- On top of the tuna, drizzle ½ ounce of spicy aioli on each taco creating a zig-zag pattern.
- Top the aioli with cilantro and sesame seeds.
- Add pineapple salsa or your salsa of choice on the side.
- Garnish with lime wedge. Enjoy!