Moth ball found in egg at Easter Egg hunt
Lafayette, Ind. (April 4, 2015) – Lafayette Police Department received a report of food tampering from an Easter Egg Hunt.
Saturday afternoon a parent of a child who attended an Easter Egg Hunt at the Ivy Tech Campus in Lafayette reported finding a moth ball in one of the Easter Eggs.
The parent discovered the moth ball by inspecting the child’s candy before the child ingested the candy.
If you or your children attended this Easter Egg Hunt please carefully inspect the child’s candy before allowing them to consume it.
If you believe your child has ingested a moth ball, please contact Indiana Poison Control Center 1-800-222-1222 immediately or see your health care provider.
The egg hunt was sponsored by the Ivy Tech Dental students.
Please refer any questions to Ivy Tech.