Servings: Makes about 6 servings
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ear sweet corn, husked
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 tablespoons lime juice, or the juice of 2 limes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato slices with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a grill over medium heat. Cook until tender, about 5-6 minutes on each side. (If you don’t have a grill, you can roast the sweet potatoes in your oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25 minutes.
- When the sweet potatoes are close to being done, place the ear of corn on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes, rotating so the kernels get slightly charred.
- Let the sweet potatoes and corn cool to room temperature.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into cubes and place in a large bowl. With a sharp knife, remove the corn kernels from the cob. Add the corn to the bowl.
- Stir in black beans, red pepper, green onions, and cilantro.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the salad and stir until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve.
Note: The salad will keep in the refrigerator for 2 days.
Recipe courtesy of Kylee’s Kitchen