IFD fights second fire of the morning

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

INDIANAPOLIS (June 11, 2015) – Fire crews needed about 20 minutes to get a residence fire under control on the northeast side.

Crews responded to a call for help around 2:30 a.m. Thursday in the 5100 block of Mark Lane. When they arrived on the scene, they found flames and smoke showing through the roof.

The initial investigation from IFD and IMPD showed the fire may have originated from fireworks.

This was the second working residence fire that IFD has responded to this morning.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.