Lemon Garlic Garden Butter
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter, softened
- ¼ to 1/3 cup finely chopped herbs (any favorite individual or blend, like basil, chives, thyme, sage, rosemary, Italian parsley)
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 1 ½- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 – 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir until thoroughly blended. Add extra herbs and lemon if desired. Place in serving bowl and refrigerate until serving time. Or roll butter mixture into a log in plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving time. Soften slightly before enjoying. Makes 6-8 servings.
Recipe by culinary dietitian Kim Galeaz, RDN CD