INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (July 29, 2015)– The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department (IMPD) has released more information about members of an Indianapolis gang called the “Block Burners” who were arrested last week in a massive warrant sweep in Marion County.
Two men facing federal charges were captured in Louisville, Kentucky on Tuesday. One of those men, William Brown (aka “Jeezy”) is the suspected gang leader. The other man was William Dodd.
Authorities describe the Block Burners gang as a violent group that trafficked drugs and carried guns as a means of intimidation. The gang was centralized on the city’s east side, near 42nd and Post Road.
Investigators used a variety of techniques to monitor the suspects, including wiretapping.
The 17 people IMPD have now released information on were arrested on July 22 during the crime sweep:
- Darian Garrett: Possession of narcotic drug
- David Harrell: Dealing in narcotic drug
- Monte Scruggs: Unlawful possession of a firearm by a serious violent felon
- Catina Jordan: Possession of a controlled substance
- Sheleana King: Dealing in narcotic drug
- Zuri Cloud: Possession of cocaine
- Larry Lacey: Unlawful possession of a firearm by a serious violent felon
- Tonisha Lester: Dealing in cocaine
- Brandon Boose: Dealing in cocaine
- Timothy Powell: Dealing in cocaine
- Dianna Lomax: Dealing in marijuana
- Tommie Jackson: Possession of marijuana
- Craig Cooper: Maintaining a common nuisance
- William Patterson: Dealing in cocaine
- Glenn Hendon: Dealing in narcotic drug
- Marcus Baxter: Dealing in marijuana
- Tyree Gilbert: Unlawful possession of a firearm by a serious violent felon