(August 10, 2015) — It’s National S’mores Day! This special food holiday is celebrated each year on August 10.
S’mores, also known as “some mores,” traditionally consist of a graham cracker sandwich with chocolate and a fire-toasted marshmallow filling.
Today, “s’mores” is used to describe a variety of desserts with chocolate, marshmallow and graham cracker flavor.
Since it’s Monday and you probably won’t be able to set up a campfire, try out these s’mores cookies from Kylee’s Kitchen instead! They’re every bit as delicious and even more adorable.
Hershey’s Kiss S’mores Cookies
Yield: Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 large marshmallows, cut in half
- 24 chocolate kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar together until creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto a baking sheet, 1-2″ apart.
- Bake for 6 – 8 minutes or until edges are just getting golden brown.
- Remove from oven and gently press a half marshmallow, sticky side down, onto each cookie. Let cool completely.
- Once cookies have cooled, preheat broiler.
- Place cookies back in oven and broil for 1-2 minutes. Keep a close eye on them so they don’t burn.
- Once marshmallows start to turn golden brown, remove from broiler and press a chocolate kiss on top of each cookie.