INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (September 16, 2015) – We’re celebrating National Guacamole day here on FOX59 with Kylee Wierks from Kylee’s Kitchen.
Guacamole in itself is a pretty simple recipe, but Kylee is showing us her tips and tricks to making it even better!
Best Guacamole Recipe Ever
Yield: About 2 cups guacamole
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 – 1/2 jalapeño, including seeds and finely chopped
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits
- Scoop the flesh of the avocados out of the rind and place in a medium bowl.
- Pour lime juice and salt in bowl with avocados.
- Mash it all together until just combined (don’t over mix!)
- Fold in the red onion, cilantro, and jalapeño and mix well.
- Taste the guacamole and adjust seasoning if necessary.