Need holiday assistance? Salvation Army now accepting applications for Angel Tree
(Oct. 23, 2015)– The Salvation Army is now accepting applications from Central Indiana families for this year’s Angel Tree Program.
Now through Saturday, Oct. 31, families can register in person at The Salvation Army Fountain Square Corps Community Center located at 1337 S. Shelby St. or the The Salvation Army Eagle Creek Corps Community Center at 4400 N. High School Rd.
Angel Tree helps families whose income falls below the 2015 United States Poverty Guidelines. The qualified income level is dependent upon the number of persons in your household, so visit aspe.hhs.gov/2015-poverty-guidelines to determine whether your family qualifies. Children ages 0-12 who are residents of Marion County, Ind., are eligible for assistance through the Angel Tree program.
Applications will be taken at both locations on the following days and times:
|Monday||9:00am – 5:00pm|
|Wednesday||9:00am – 5:00pm|
|Thursday||11:00am – 8:00pm|
|Friday||9:00am – 5:00pm|
|Saturday||9:00am – 2:00pm|
What items must I bring with me in order to apply for Angel Tree assistance?
All applicants must bring the following with them on the day they apply. Applications cannot be processed without these items.
- Valid form of photo ID for applicant (examples: U.S. Driver’s License, U.S. Passport, Indiana State ID, School ID, Green Card, etc.)
- Proof of residence (examples: utility bill, bank statement, etc.); must be within the last month before registering.
- Proof of ALL income, earned and unearned (includes: check stubs, unemployment, SSI, pensions, veteran benefits, disability, SNAP, child support, TANF/AFDC, WIC, etc.); documents MUST have a dollar amount on them, as we cannot accept a SNAP card or appointment letter; SNAP cannot be your only form of income.
- Proof of rent, mortgage, or subsidized housing (receipt, lease, or letter from landlord)
- Proof of ALL other expenses (includes: car loan, medical bills, credit cards, other loans, etc.)
- All current utility statements (includes: electric, water, gas, cable, phone, etc.)
- Birth Certificates for all children to be registered.
- List of all clothing and shoe sizes for children to be registered.
I still have questions. Who can I can I contact?
Contact Lisa Berryman at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you have about Angel Tree.