Columbus police arrest 5 people in methamphetamine, heroin bust
COLUMBUS, Ind. (Jan. 20, 2016) – Five people were arrested following a methamphetamine and heroin bust in Bartholomew County this week.
On Tuesday, the Joint Narcotics Enforcement Team served a search warrant at 3385 Virginia St. in Columbus. Investigators found 14 grams of meth, 4 grams of heroin, several different controlled substances, syringes, drug paraphernalia and other narcotics-related items.
The following individuals were arrested:
- Clorissa J. Clemons, 34, Hope; dealing in methamphetamine, dealing in heroin, visiting a common nuisance and possession of an injection device
- Melinda K. Caudill, 38, Madison; visiting a common nuisance, parole warrant
- Robert F. Johnson, 44, Columbus; maintaining a common nuisance
- Levi W. Underwood, 24, Columbus; visiting a common nuisance, possession of an injection device
- Daniel J. Butler, 55, Columbus; possession of methamphetamine
The Joint Narcotics Enforcement Team includes the Bartholomew County Sheriff’s Office, the Columbus Police Department and the Bartholomew County Prosecutor’s Office.