- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 12.35 – ounce package sugar-free fudge brownie mix
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup strong-brewed coffee
- Graeter’s Low Glycemic Ice Cream of your choice
- 1 tablespoon shaved bittersweet chocolate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat an 88×2-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl combine brownie mix, applesauce, egg, and oil, stirring with a wooden spoon until well mixed.
- Spread batter evenly into the prepared baking pan. Bake about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Cut half of the pan of brownies into 1-inch-square pieces. (Store the remaining half for another use.) Transfer the brownie pieces to a large bowl. Pour the coffee over brownie pieces; toss to coat lightly. Let stand for 10 minutes to allow brownies to soak up the coffee.
- To serve, layer a few coffee-soaked brownie pieces in the bottom of each of six 4- to 6-ounce glasses. Top each with a small scoop of Graeter’s Low Glycemic Ice Cream of your choice. Layer with the remaining brownie pieces; top each with another small scoop of Low Glycemic Graeter’s Ice Cream of your choice. If desired, garnish with shaved chocolate.