Crispy baked sweet potato fries
Baked sweet potato fries
- One sweet potato per person
- One teaspoon cornstarch per sweet potato
- 1/2 teaspoon salt per sweet potato
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder per sweet potato
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne per sweet potato
- 2 teaspoons olive oil per sweet potato
*Make this recipe with as many sweet potatoes as you want, multiply ingredient by how many sweet potatoes you use.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat. Set aside.
- Wash and peel the sweet potato. Cut into 1/4 inch strips.
- Toss sweet potato pieces in Ziploc bag with cornstarch, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne.
- Toss sweet potato in bowl with olive oil
- Line sweet potato pieces on baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven, turn baking sheet around, flip fries to other side, and place back in oven for 10 minutes.
- Turn the oven off, crack the oven door halfway open, and and keep the fries inside until you’re ready to serve or up to 30 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Kylee Wierks