Credit card skimming device found at Fishers gas station
FISHERS, Ind. (March 12, 2016) — Credit card skimming devices seem to be popping up everywhere. The latest investigation is taking place at a gas station in Fishers.
Police say an employee found the skimming device inside a gas pump at the Shell gas station, located at 96th Street and North by Northeast Boulevard.
Investigators are currently trying to track down the thief responsible.
Police want to remind everyone to pay extra attention when using a credit card at the pump. Here are some safety tips.
- The safest way to pay is by going inside the gas station.
- Look at the outside of the pump before inserting your card. Contact the cashier immediately if anything looks suspicious.
- Pay attention to your surroundings. If it appears the criminals may be sitting in a car nearby using a Bluetooth device to collect information, call 911.
- Monitor your credit and debit card accounts to ensure there are no unauthorized purchases.
- If you see something, say something.