Easter Egg Cookie Dough Truffles
Yield: Makes about 12 truffles
For cookie dough
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Challenge butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (156 grams)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (125 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
For chocolate coating
- 8 ounces white chocolate, melted
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar with a mixer on medium speed until smooth or for about two minutes. Mix in the milk and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour and salt on low speed just until incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cover and chill dough for 10 minutes or until it’s firm enough to handle.
- Form the dough into one-inch balls and then shape into eggs. Arrange on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Place the sheets in the refrigerator and chill for about 30 minutes or until firm enough to handle.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave in 30-second intervals.
- Stick one toothpick into a truffle and dip it into in the white chocolate until they’re completely covered. Return truffle to parchment paper. Chill until set.
- Store chilled in an airtight container.
Recipe courtesy of Kylee's Kitchen