Indiana State Fair adds 5 country acts to lineup
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – A second round of concerts was added to the Indiana State Fair’s lineup Thursday.
- Neal McCoy, who broke through in the 90’s with back-to-back number one singles, “No Doubt About It” and “Wink,” will perform on August 6.
- Aaron Tippin, who’s debut single, “You’ve Got to Stand for Something” became a popular anthem for American soldiers fighting in the Gulf War, will perform on August 8, with the Hunter Smith Band as special guest.
- Granger Smith, an emerging artist known for his redneck alter ego, Earl Dibbles Jr., will perform on August 9. In 2008 he traveled to perform for soldiers in Iraq and Kuwait. His 2013 album Dirt Road Driveway peaked at 15 on US country charts and number 11 on US indie charts.
- Maddie & Tae, a female country music duo composed of Madison Marlow and Taylor Dye, will perform on August 16.
- Lauren Alaina, an “American Idol” runner-up in 2011, will perform on August 17, with Clare Dunn as her special guest. Dunn has opened for many notable country acts such as Florida Georgia Line, Keith Urban, and Hank Williams, Jr.
These artists will join Happy Together (August 10), .38 Special (August 12), The Bacon Brothers (August 13) and Blues Traveler (August 15), who were previously announced to perform.
All the touring acts are free. Admission is included with each fair ticket, priced at $12 or $8 if purchased in advance. Buy tickets here.