Everything you need to know about the Mini-Marathon
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. — The time has come for thousands of runners to gather downtown Indianapolis for the annual 500 Festival Mini-Marathon.
All participants should have picked up their registration packets. Now the only thing left to do is run!
The mini-marathon starts downtown Indianapolis at 7 a.m. Saturday.
- Crawfordsville Road from Lynhurst Drive to 16th Street Roundabout: Will be restricted to local traffic only. Absolutley no traffic will be allowed on the 16th Street Roundabout.
- Main Street from 16th to 10th Street: Will be closed for all but emergency traffic. NO ON-STREET PARKING. Off-street parking available on adjacent lots and streets.
- 16th Street from Lynhurst Dr. to Main Street: Will be restricted to local traffic only. Absolutely no traffic will be allowed eastbound on 16th Street to Main Street.
- 10th Street from Lynhurst Dr. to Main Street: Will be restricted to local traffic only. Absolutely no traffic will be allowed eastbound on 10th Street to Main Street.
- 10th Street from Olin to Main Street: Closed.
- 16th Street from Livingston to Main Street: Closed.
- Olin from 10th to 16th Street: Closed.
- Polco from 10th Street to 16th Street: Closed.
- Cossell Road from 10th Street to Grande Avenue: Local traffic only.
The mini-marathon will start in downtown Indianapolis and proceed to Michigan Street, west on Michigan Street to Holt Road, north on Holt Road to 10th Street, west on 10th Street to Ford Street, west on Ford Street to Main Street, north on Main Street to 16th Street and east on 16th Street.
Runners will enter the track at Gate #2, complete the lap and exit onto 16th Street from gate #4. Runners will then proceed east on 16th Street, south on Olin Avenue, east on 10th Street, south on White River Parkway and east on New York Street to the finish line at Military Park.