77-year-old man’s dog dies in south side house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.– The Indianapolis Fire Department responded to a house fire Wednesday on the south side of the city.

Crews were dispatched just before 3 p.m. to the 200 block of West Gimber Street.

Smoke and fire were reportedly showing from the back of the home, which did have working smoke detectors.

The home is owned by 77-year-old Jim McGovern. His Shih-Tzu “Teddy” died in the fire. No other injuries were reported.

Officials estimated the damage at $50,000.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.