Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department looking for new recruits
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department is looking for new recruits to join the force.
The department is accepting applications from anyone interested in becoming an IMPD officer. Applicants can register online at this website or go to the Human Resources Office on the 15th floor of the City-County Building. A written test will be administered on Aug. 19 and Aug. 20.
The deadline to sign up is Aug. 7.
Here are some of the qualities the department is looking for in prospective officers:
- Community oriented. You must believe in community engagement and serving something bigger than yourself.
- Polite, Respectful, Courteous, Fair and Empathetic – these qualities define our core values.
- Poised and slow to anger are what makes professional lawmen and law women. We do not always initiate conflict, nor do we shy away from it when proper and legal.
- Intelligent and well-spoken are critical components to finding solutions to problems that face our community and its stakeholders. We reduce crime! We seek men and women who are creative in their efforts to improve the quality of life in our neighborhoods.
- Places a high emphasis on prevention and presence.
- Exhausts other means of enforcement before resorting to arrest with exception of a felonious suspect(s) or an individual wanted by a judicial court.
- Approachable and friendly, engaging the public in polite conversation often. Remembers names and uses them. Smiles often realizing that the old adage “You can attract a lot more bees with honey than you can vinegar” holds true.