Natural gas explosion at Noblesville home ruled accidental
NOBLESVILLE, Ind. — An explosion that destroyed a Noblesville home under construction Sunday afternoon has been ruled an accident.
The Noblesville Fire Department came to that conclusion after investigating the blast, which was caused by a natural gas leak.
Fire crews were called to the home in the 11900 block of Whisper Ridge Drive around noon Sunday and determined the home wasn’t safe to enter.
They ordered the immediate shutoff of all utilities at the home, which was a total loss with damage estimated at $300,000.
No one was hurt during the incident. Neighbors said the explosion shook their homes and rattled their windows.